The designer breed, Pomeranian Husky or Pomsky, is a small and beautiful dog loved by owners owing to their playful nature. If you are planning to buy this cute Husky mixed with Pomeranian, you have to shell out somewhere between $1,500 and $5,000 on average. With the surge in popularity of these puppies, prices can potentially go higher. It is certain that you will not find a puppy of this breed in local stores at a nominal fee. It is believed that the very sight of these puppies will urge you to buy them, even at a higher price. Different factors influence the cost of these puppies.
Determinants Of Price
If you are wondering why breeders charge huge amounts for these puppies, consider some of the following factors:
- The breeding procedure is difficult as Huskies weigh thirty to fifty pounds while Pomeranians typically weigh seven to eight pounds. These dogs are bred as per a specific procedure owing to this size difference. For this special practice, breeders ask for high prices.
- The heritage of both the genetic parents of the Pomsky puppy also decides the cost.
- In comparison to astronomical demand of these pups, supply is quite low, and this leads to high prices of canines.
- Markings and color of the coat is another factor that decides the price. If the pups have markings and colors of Siberian husky then, you have to pay a premium amount. Owners desire puppies that resemble Siberian Huskies.
- Puppies that have blue eyes also fetch high prices.
- Transportation of these puppies to customers also boosts the price of these puppies.
- Breeders may also charge based on specific physical characteristics and traits of these puppies.
Based on these factors (and potential others), the average cost of these puppies might be very high. To avoid fake puppies, it is essential to use the services of reputable, well known breeders. To learn more about pomsky breeders, view this list. You can consider searching for this designer breed in rescue organizations, where you can get at a lower price.